Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sustain: Not just a pedal on your piano

Happy New Year and welcome to the second calendar year of late to jazz. I've had the better part of the last two weeks off, so I've had a lot on my mind, and since it is the season to make resolutions, I thought I would start off with that.

Because I try to be a dynamic person who is not averse to change, I don't really make resolutions. All year round, I try to do things to make my life better or more interesting. An example: I started a new exercise routine (who hasn't), but, I started on December 12. That way, it isn't a new year's resolution, per se, and, it is easy to remember, having started on 12/12.

So, my resolution this year is simple: sustain. Keep my life going, keep my music going, keep learning and studying and listening and playing. Sustain. Maintain the good, let the bad get exfoliated from my life naturally.

That's it. You have my best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2009, dear readers, and remember, if you have a few dollars to spend, either spend it or invest it in stocks (which are cheap right now). Our economy needs everyone's help.

No comments: