Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 50 – Monday, September 6 – The Pain of Stain:


Goals: Keep staining

Music: Duke Ellington’s “New Orleans Suite

I carried all three of the lid panels out to the garage, lined them up on the sawhorses, and stained one side and all edges of all three of them. They dried pretty good after I brushed them down, but they’ll need another coat. They don’t look very good. Mrs. S. says I’m too close to the project and my sensibilities when I’m looking at the piano are “paralyzed”. She may be right. Personally, I’m no longer working on this piano for some future buyer. I’m working on it for myself. So, like I said in my most recent entry, I’m going to tolerate of lot of the imperfections in the interest of finishing up this project without undue delay.

The good news is, I’m playing and practicing a lot, both for my jazz improve course and for stuff my piano instructor and I have been working on. That is all the more reason to finish up the piano and hear it play again.

No comments: