Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Zombies Attack My Piano


After getting all psyched up and bragging about how I would work on my piano during some weeknights, not only did I not do any work during the week, but I skipped working on the piano this past weekend as well. My only two excuses were, my back was still sore from the stringing job the week before, and, I didn’t feel like it. I did, however, practice a good bit, as long as my back would let me sit on a piano bench, but the minor ii-V-I cadences are doing me in, so I didn’t practice nearly as much as I should have.

Then this morning, after a rugged night of passing out candy, and not enough sleep due to staying up to watch “The Walking Dead” and waking up early with a stomach ache because of too much licorice, my back is a throbbing ball of pain, and now I’m in worse shape than ever. So, I’m going to keep it simple this week:
·         Eat less (we passed out all the candy to the 98 trick-or-treaters we had, so that one’s easy)
·         Exercise every morning (expecting good temperatures for this as well)
·         Enjoy dinner and the Bill Frisell concert on Friday night
·         Work hard on my piano over the weekend, and
·         Practice

I’m targeting the Sunday after Thanksgiving to finish the piano. It must happen.

No comments: