Monday, December 23, 2013

The kind of cool touches that I like

So, a few (?) years back, the actress Molly Ringwald releases a jazz vocal CD. No really, here it is:

Molly's pretty hot with her hair swept back like that. The black gloves are nice, too.
It didn't win any prizes, but it got noticed by just enough people who understand these things that it made its way into my consciousness. I bought it with a bunch of Christmas CD's and finally got around to listening to it the other day. It's pretty damn good. Ms. Ringwald's voice is terrific, and I'm guessing she must have studied with someone, because her singing is precise, elegant, and pleasant.

What I like about the CD is, in the one defining movie of her career, The Breakfast Club, the feature song is Don't You (Forget About Me), and she does a jazz version of it, quite slow. It's worth the price of admission.

Compilation that includes the original song
Now all I have to do is see if I can find Ms. Ringwald performing and have her sign my shoulder so I can have it tattooed into my skin. (Not! Brooke Shields, maybe. Not Molly Ringwald, though, I might could be persuaded.)

No comments: