Sunday, June 24, 2012

So begins the ending

I have begun to take my piano apart for the second (and last) time. I can’t tell you how good I feel. Having that big chunky case stare at me every time I played my little Yamaha, it’s just purely cathartic to rip the insides of the case out again. By dinner time yesterday, I was giddy, and I don’t think it was from drinking two afternoon cocktails.
Lid, arms, trim, and dampers are off!
 This time around I’m actually measuring and weighing all the individual parts. (Lid: 53 pounds, damper push pins: 6 ounces, etc.) I will make myself an expert on putting together square grand pianos without ever actually successfully re-assembling one. Like this:

Step 157: Regulate the keys as you would for a normal piano.

Call me if you need damper rods for an 1880's piano.
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-HAH, ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho. Yeah, good luck. That’s a good one! He-he-heee.

Oh, this is genuine fun.

No comments: